Author Topic: VA worked til windows updaated  (Read 1638 times)

dalosiman

VA worked til windows updaated
« on: September 21, 2023, 06:40:13 PM »
Voice attack worked until a recent windows update but now upon launch it wants to register but won't allow me to input my email address in the registration screen and if I close the registration screen it briefly stays open then crashes completely.

Have uninstalled with revo uninstaller pro to remove all traces of VA and then reinstalled and upon reinstallation it does the same thing..... very frustrated with this as I use it while streaming world of warships.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA worked til windows updaated
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 07:31:36 PM »
When you say it won't take your email address in the registration screen, are you saying it's grayed out or is there something else going on?

If VA was working fine, then Windows updated and then VA ceases to function even after a reinstall, that would indicate that a component that VoiceAttack depends on within Windows has gotten out of sorts.

As a first step, I'd make sure to do a system file scan to check on your Windows update:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/topic/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system-files-79aa86cb-ca52-166a-92a3-966e85d4094e

Make sure to do both the DISM as well as the SFC steps.  This is good to do from time to time, even if you do not suspect any issues on your machine.