Author Topic: Computer starts to automatically press backspace.  (Read 1497 times)

ImaginationToForm

Computer starts to automatically press backspace.
« on: September 18, 2023, 09:23:36 PM »
Hello,
After random minutes of using voice attack the computer will start to auto press backspace so I can't type into any window.
I have Windows 10,
          latest VA (running in admin),
          HCS voice packs for Elite Dangerous

restarting VA will "fix" this but then will start pressing backspace again randomly or not.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Computer starts to automatically press backspace.
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 10:11:34 PM »
There's going to be an action somewhere that is indicating that the backspace key be pressed.

What you'll want to first do is try restarting VA and then changing over to a different (non-HCS) profile.  If that solves the problem, the issue is within that profile.  If that does not solve the issue, you'll want to disable plugins temporarily to see if that changes anything.  To disable plugins, go into Options > General tab, and uncheck the box labeled, 'Enable Plugin Support'.  Restart VA and see if the problem persists.

Hope that helps!

ImaginationToForm

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 08:03:47 AM »
I could not see anything. I tried these steps and it would still happen.

I had used VA in the past and had not had this issue. So, I decided to roll-back to the previous version of VA and so far I hadn't had the trouble.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 11:42:19 AM »
I would try rolling forward again as a test, as what you are describing as just occurring on its own would be extremely atypical behavior for VoiceAttack.

I would also check things like global profiles and commands executing on profile load, as well as look through your profiles to see if any commands contain an action that presses the backspace key down.