Author Topic: Sound Playback Volume  (Read 1420 times)

PatriotSix

Sound Playback Volume
« on: July 09, 2023, 01:30:45 PM »
Hello friends. I have searched the forum for answers but am still seeking a solution. My issue is regarding sounds. I pick a sound to play back as global to know that VA has recognized my phrase and the action will occur. In preview mode, the sound will take my head off. I have an excellent sound volume—more volume than is needed. However, the sound is barely audible in normal use, even at 100% audio level. I have tried to run in an admin role, but the function is the same. I want to use a Wav file, but I am now testing with an embedded sound. The results are the same with either sound.

I finished a second install of VA, but the result is the same. I am missing something, but I am out of things to try.

I recently had to do an OS repair which necessitated a new install of VA. The sounds worked well before the OS change, to the best of my memory.

Thanks
Steven Walker

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Sound Playback Volume
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 01:44:02 PM »
Did you reset VoiceAttack's settings, or just uninstall and re-install? The settings are not affected by the latter, provided you use the same installation location.

The "Reset Defaults" button on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window can be used to reset all VoiceAttack settings to their default. A backup of your current settings can be made by exporting them using the "Export Settings" button on the "System / Advanced" tab of the VoiceAttack options window.

VoiceAttack itself only has one global volume control for sound file playback: the "Sound File Volume Offset" option on the "Audio" tab of the VoiceAttack options window.

With the default settings, that should be set to 100. Any further attenuation would be outside the purview of VoiceAttack itself, and likely performed either by Windows, or the drivers for your soundcard.

Just to make sure: are you running VoiceAttack v1.10.3?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 02:37:20 PM by Pfeil »

PatriotSix

Re: Sound Playback Volume
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 03:59:20 PM »
You are the man. I reset VA, and that took care of the low volume. Thank you immensely.

Steven Walker