Author Topic: Create a Named Command Without Any Say/Key/Button/Mouse?  (Read 1130 times)

LinuxDevice

Create a Named Command Without Any Say/Key/Button/Mouse?
« on: June 14, 2023, 08:39:50 PM »
I want to create some "functions". I want to execute a VoiceAttack action, but I want this to be available ONLY by that name, not by voice, not by keys, not by mouse, so on. Like a function in a programming language, so it needs a name (or signature). Is the only way to do this by making up some long and unusual and unspeakable voice command which will never be spoken (reminds me of Harry Potter..."He who shall not be named"  :o ).

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Create a Named Command Without Any Say/Key/Button/Mouse?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 08:44:10 PM »
If you don't want a command to be available for speech recognition, uncheck the "When I say" option.

What you entered into the field next to it will still be available for executing the command using other methods, E.G. the "Execute by name (Advanced)" option of the "Execute Another Command" action.

LinuxDevice

Re: Create a Named Command Without Any Say/Key/Button/Mouse?
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2023, 06:08:48 AM »
Thank you! Silly of me that I never thought of that. I saw the checkmark, but it grays out the text; so I thought the text would not be active, but apparently it is inactive only for the "speaking" part. I just have to fill in the text to speak prior to unchecking, then it should have a name to call from another function (I have not tested  yet, but that makes sense).