Author Topic: Return List of All Profile Names and their corresponding InternalIDs?  (Read 1153 times)

Starblue7

I've been looking around and in the documentation and haven't seen anything obvious (perhaps I simply missed it).
But I'm trying to return an array of all Profiles loaded in Voice Attack and their corresponding InternalIDs.
I can sure pull out all Profile names, and Profile InternalIDs separately, but haven't seen anything within docs to accomplish above.

Any suggestions to solve?

Thanks!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
There is no programmatic method for matching names with IDs without actually loading each profile, as far as I'm personally aware.

Internal IDs are mainly intended for use by the profile author, who would presumably know which ID they've manually assigned their own profiles.

Starblue7

Hmmm...

I know the GUID of the profile in question, but I'd like to retrieve the Profile Name from the GUID.
What if the user changes the name to something else?  I know if the GUID(InternalID) doesn't change(shouldn't, unless the author explicitly does it), then it's a non-issue.  I was just trying to find a matchup and show on the form the profile name itself based on what its internalID was.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Are you displaying the name of the profile to the user somewhere?

I assume so, as otherwise anything that can be done by name should be possible using the ID

It seems like it's a pretty specific scenario, where you need to communicate a specific profile name to the user, the profile you're referencing is not the active profile (as otherwise you can get the name of said active profile), and the user has altered the profile name themselves beyond recognition without remaining aware of what the original profile name would have been ???

Starblue7

Yeah.  I know it's not some major issue or anything, and I don't rely on the Profile Name for switching profiles, but rather the internalID.
I was just wanting to show the target profile's name on the form as information just so the user can be sure themselves visually what the intended target profile would be.
Again, not really a huge deal, but I'm just kinda surprised we can't get a relational array of data from profiles loaded into Voice Attack(not active profile).  Since we can get ProfileNames() & ProfileinternalIDs(), but they're not relationally linkable..

Thanks for fielding my idea.