Author Topic: Prevent Profile Switching (auto or manual)  (Read 1315 times)

Starblue7

Prevent Profile Switching (auto or manual)
« on: May 24, 2023, 09:05:11 PM »
I'm seeking more control over Voice Attack and I'm looking for a way to prevent VA from either automatically or manually (by user) switching to another profile.

So, even if Automatic Profile Switching is on in VA, and some other profile has an application indicated to autoload via user identification of the application, the profile switch still wouldn't happen.

I know I can capture profile switch events, but I'm unaware how to suppress the profile switch action programmatically.
Something within the VA class in an inline function I would imagine where this is potentially possible.

Could someone please throw me a few bones?  Thanks!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Prevent Profile Switching (auto or manual)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 09:51:03 PM »
I don't believe that is intended to be possible.

Regardless, if you intend to distribute your profile and/or plugins/inline functions, having them prevent native features from working correctly is unlikely to be desirable for the majority of users.

Starblue7

Re: Prevent Profile Switching (auto or manual)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 11:47:33 PM »
I don't believe that is intended to be possible.

Regardless, if you intend to distribute your profile and/or plugins/inline functions, having them prevent native features from working correctly is unlikely to be desirable for the majority of users.

At this point, there's no intention to distribute and if so, it's a long long ways off.
This is part of a 'custom' solution to help with automation of what I'm trying to do.
In any case, I'll figure something out.  Thanks for your help..