Author Topic: Elite's annoying launch sound  (Read 1238 times)

Heretic

Elite's annoying launch sound
« on: May 17, 2023, 11:08:27 PM »
I have VA working with Elite Dangerous, and a few HCS Voice packs.

Voice Packs include:
1. Eli
2. Vega
3. Kate

I have an issue with the sound VA make when launching, it is two ungodly loud beeps. I have tried to turn this off multiple times, but I can find no way to do this. Any info would be appreciated, either getting rid of the file or any other way.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Elite's annoying launch sound
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 02:31:14 AM »
Are you hearing this sound specifically when starting VoiceAttack itself, or when you start the game?

VoiceAttack itself normally doesn't produce any sound when starting, unless something is changing the listening state, in which case the sound would be identical to what you'll hear when clicking any of the feature toggle icons on the right-hand side of the main window.

If you hear the sound when launching the game (and don't hear it if VoiceAttack isn't running when you launch the game), it could potentially be produced by a third-party add-on.
As you mention third-party HCS Voice Packs products, that would be something to ask them about via their forum, or their Discord

Heretic

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 08:51:18 AM »
It is when I launch my ship from any launch pad. Sorry, I should have specified that. It would not be so annoying if it was not so loud, it actually makes my headset literally vibrate.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2023, 08:57:46 AM »
That's certainly not something VoiceAttack itself would respond to by default, so you'd want to ask HCS Voice Packs about that (assuming you're not running any other third-party addons).