Author Topic: Prevent A Command's Trigger To Show On Event Log  (Read 1329 times)

Starblue7

Prevent A Command's Trigger To Show On Event Log
« on: May 13, 2023, 07:12:55 AM »
I have a particular command that gets fired off quite often from user action and it just basically spams the Event Log each time triggered. (which is a bit).

I'm looking for a way (I guess programmatically as I couldn't find any option) to suppress the reporting of this particular command's actions in the Event Log.

Any creative ideas?

Thanks.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Prevent A Command's Trigger To Show On Event Log
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 07:42:13 AM »
If you add the "Ignore an Unrecognized Word or Phrase" action to the (top of the) action list of a command, it shouldn't have a log entry when triggered

Starblue7

Re: Prevent A Command's Trigger To Show On Event Log
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 08:00:22 AM »
If you add the "Ignore an Unrecognized Word or Phrase" action to the (top of the) action list of a command, it shouldn't have a log entry when triggered

Thanks.  Seems to partially work.
Since at the profile level, there's a target application/process specified, if that is not loaded, then I'll still see an error message in the event log due to that.

I can get rid of that if I state (at the command level for that command) to just send to 'Active Window'.

It's not as ideal as just having some option to turn off all reporting of that command's actions to the Event Log.

Not a major thing.  Just trying to clear up some spam in the Event Log for doing my other testing.