Author Topic: Switch To Running Game Via Command?  (Read 1122 times)

Starblue7

Switch To Running Game Via Command?
« on: May 02, 2023, 09:38:43 PM »
While I know within the command window itself, the user can specify the 'Send Command to this target'  Either Active Window or Target Game.

As a side note:  I've found at times that if I have a browser window/tab open and named the same as the game, then it boinks things up.  Anything I can do to ensure this doesn't happen?  (there are no wildcards or anything being used in the game name)

To the MEAT of the question, besides above, is there any way within the command itself to specify switching focus to an already active game(or game window)?
I know I can get the state of things with things like a token {PROCESSEXISTS} and if it already has the focus with {ACTIVEWINDOWTITLE}

Thanks and apologies is this is obvious.  I did look through the help and googled a bit for this.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Switch To Running Game Via Command?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2023, 09:57:42 PM »
As indicated in the "Application Focus (Process Target) Guide" section of the documentation, the "Perform a Window Function" action can be used to change focus from a running command.

If it is feasible to target the process name, rather than the window title of your target application, you can use the "~"-prefix to only search process names, as mentioned in the "Optimization note" in the documentation on the "'Send command to this target'" option (and its profile-level equivalent)

Starblue7

Re: Switch To Running Game Via Command?
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2023, 10:49:39 PM »
Thanks.  I'll look at these sections in more detail.

I just wasn't able to pull anything obvious out regarding any action line that could be placed within the command to kick that off, versus, the inbuilt dropdown provided in the WINDOW GUI interface.