Author Topic: VA Won't Launch DCS  (Read 1672 times)

MaxHardover

VA Won't Launch DCS
« on: March 28, 2023, 12:29:34 PM »
Wrote a quick voice command to launch DCS. For the directory of the executable, I copied the shortcut target directly and pasted it into the VA "Run an Application" dialog box, stripping the two command line parameters off (MT version). Next, I pasted the two parameters into the "With these parameters" text box. Last, I copied the shortcut's "Start in" directory and pasted it into the "In this working directory".

Window style is set "Normal"
"Do not wait for launched application" is checked.

Next I clicked the "Test Run" button and it worked as advertised. Clicked OK to save, next clicked OK to save the command edit entries, then clicked Apply and Done on the profile page to save.

Spoke into the mic: "Launch D C S M T". VA states "Recognized : 'launch d c s m t'"
Followed immediately by "Error with launched file: [The system cannot find the file specified]"

How can the test button run with no problem, but the VA command can't find the file? All thirty of the DCS commands work fine.

Thx

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA Won't Launch DCS
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 12:41:28 PM »
How does the action look in the action list, verbatim? Right-click the action list, choose "Copy All as Text" from the context menu, then paste here into a code block (click the # button)

Which version of VoiceAttack are you running?

MaxHardover

Re: VA Won't Launch DCS
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 12:44:46 PM »
I knew if I posted that I'd probably immediately see the problem after working on it for an hour or so.

So when I copied the executable location from the shortcut, I inadvertently copied the quotes...

Geez....

Thanks for the quick response! Now, back to the air war...