Author Topic: How to make VA execute multiple commands off of 1 spoken phrase with no pauses?  (Read 1124 times)

rouzuki

Is there a way to get VA to listen to one phrase spoken fluidly and then execute all commands included in that phrase in order of how they were spoken? For example:

When I say: "Navigate Room 1 Drone 1",

I want three commands "Navigate", "room 1", and "drone 1" to trigger in the order I say them.

I know I could just pause between each term in the phrase, but I'd like it to work fluidly. The reason why I don't just make that all 1 command is that there are several room numbers and several drone number combinations for multiple commands, so my planned method would result in having to make far fewer commands.

Alternatively, if anyone's got a fully made profile for the game Duskers, that'd work too although if the above is possible it'd be nice to know for making commands for other games and applications!

Gary

• Administrator
Although not designed to do what you are wanting to do, the closest you'll be able to get with that type of speech pattern is to use the 'Continuous Speech' or 'Restricted Continuous Speech' option for the Recognition type of your commands.  Again, VA is not designed to process arbitrary statements into commands - you will still need somewhat of a pause.

You could also take a look at dynamic command phrases in the help document.  You can do things like [Navigate;][Room 1..10][Drone 1..10]  in a single command.  You would then need to use the {CMDSEGMENT} token to parse out the portions of what you said into instructions.

rouzuki

Thank you :)