Author Topic: Keyboard commands inhibited once voice commands are programmed  (Read 1629 times)

DeeGee

Keyboard commands inhibited once voice commands are programmed
« on: January 10, 2023, 05:27:45 AM »
I’m new to voice attack and it looks to be a fantastic program. I’m wanting to use it with a flight simulator. I’m using P3D as the program and an Oculus Rift VR headset. I’m using the latest version of VA for 64 bit.
VA works great on a new Win 11 PC with the same headset but is not working on an older Win 10 system which is the one I want to use in the simulator.
VA installs correctly and I’m able to program new commands. The microphone detects correctly and I get the acknowledgment that the command has been recognised. The action in the simulator does not execute.
I notice that once VA is programmed, the keyboard keys no longer function and the action in the simulator does not execute. Delete the VA commands and the keyboard functionality returns.
Is this a setting that I need to change or can anyone assist in setting it up? When VA works it’s amazing and would be a great boon to our less experienced virtual pilots.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Keyboard commands inhibited once voice commands are programmed
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2023, 05:57:37 AM »
Did you assign a keyboard key (combination) to the "When I press keys" option with the "Do not allow key to be passed through" option enabled?

That would, as the name suggests, prevent that key from being registered by applications other than VoiceAttack.

The "When I press keys" option is also intended to, again as the name suggests, execute the command when that key (combination) is pressed. It does not send keypresses to other applications.

If you want a command to send keypresses to an application, add the keypress action to the action list using the "Key Press" button on the left-hand side of the "Edit a Command"/"Add a Command" window, with the appropriate settings (E.G. the keys to be pressed, and the time you want them held down for; 50ms/0.05s can be a reasonable baseline for many applications).

DeeGee

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2023, 08:10:15 AM »
I was programming using when I say and adding a key press.

That's focused me onto the Allow other commands to execute while this one is running. Checking that seems to fix my issue.

Many thanks for the steer as I think this will add a lot to the sim experience. We run as a charitable effort and it's great to get as many people to experience the virtual skies as possible. VA is a terrific program.

DeeGee

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 02:36:02 AM »
Further feedback. My issue appears to be related to priviliges. Running VA as administrator and loading VA ahead of the flight sim now seems to give predictable operation.