Author Topic: Cannot create any voice commands  (Read 1642 times)

Edsel F-18

Cannot create any voice commands
« on: January 07, 2023, 02:57:07 PM »
I'm completely stumped here.  I'm trying to set up a profile, but cannot add any voice commands.  The microphone appears to be working in general and correctly logs my speech in the log entries page, but when I move to the Edit Profile page to add a new voice command, nothing happens; as if it can no longer hear me.  I've looked through the manual and forum and, as far as I can tell, have everything that should be checked and unchecked set up properly.  As an aside, the voice commands that were pre-loaded in the profile at installation work when I speak them.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Cannot create any voice commands
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2023, 03:02:57 PM »
What do you mean by "when I move to the Edit Profile page"?

Can you walk through what's occurring, step-by-step?

Edsel F-18

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2023, 03:12:20 PM »
Sure.  My apologies if I'm using the incorrect terminology.  When I open VoiceAttack, I'm on what I'm calling the main page dominated by the list of log entries that indicates the current Profile.  When I then click on the Edit Profile icon, I'm in the Edit a Profile window.  From here, I'm clicking on New Command and bringing up the Add a Command window.  I have the "When I say:" box checked and then I begin speaking a command.  From there nothing happens.  The window still reads "New Command".  I may be missing something, but I sure can't seem to figure out what.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2023, 03:17:19 PM »
"Speaking a command"? As in saying it out loud?

That's a text field, you need to type in the phrase you want to use, with your keyboard

The command won't be available for recognition until you've saved the changes to the profile (using either the "Apply" or "Done" buttons on the "Edit a Profile" window)

Edsel F-18

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2023, 03:21:54 PM »
Boy do I feel stupid!  Hence the whole "recognition" thing.  So there actually are stupid questions.  Thanks for the help.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2023, 03:26:05 PM »
This is more for general future reference, but when you encounter a feature you're not yet familiar with, the documentation may help shed some light on it

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on VoiceAttack's features.