Author Topic: Wildcard for MPC-HC x64 not working  (Read 2565 times)

varxtis

Wildcard for MPC-HC x64 not working
« on: January 06, 2023, 01:54:13 PM »
I used to have a whole profile that was perfect. Due to PC issues I had to do fresh install to Win11. I wasn't able to backup my VoiceAttack Profile. Had to start from scratch. Everythings been pretty straight forward. Had all my commands working for MPC-HC perfectly. But I found out the hard way that MPC I had installed was an old version, and apperantly not so compatible with Win11. After installing new version, MPC worked great, but VA commands stopped working.

I have a simple command:
• When I say: Video Pause
• Perform a Window Function > Display Window using *MPC-HC64 as wildcard (Display is normal, Set command to target this window "is checked)
• Press Space Key and hold for .1 seconds and release

Now with the new version of MPC just isnt being recognized. Ive tried:
Task manager tile MPC-HC (x64)
Task Bar and Start Menu MPC-HC x64 (when right-clicking the icon)
Root File location (exe) MPC-HC64.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Honestly, I feel like the commands were all based on slot numbers allocated by their place on the task bar with my original profile. But I can't find info to test it.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Wildcard for MPC-HC x64 not working
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2023, 02:01:54 PM »
If you click the application in question with the "Perform a Window Function" window open, what is shown on the "Title", "Process", and "Class" labels?

Does the log on VoiceAttack's main window show "Unable to acquire window or process to perform window function"? If not, does the taskbar entry flash/blink?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 09:21:32 AM by Pfeil »