Author Topic: Voice Attack Issues with Star Citizen  (Read 2425 times)

funw34p0nz

Voice Attack Issues with Star Citizen
« on: November 18, 2022, 02:41:05 PM »
Hello Everyone! Just recently when using VA with Star Citizen, it has produced an issue with Y and X axis' on my ships. Whenever VA is on I cannot move my ship until I get out of the seat and return. This causes the issue to return once I use the Ships UI. If I cut VA off the issue isn't there and I can freely move as intended w/o problems, but as soon as I start VA again it returns. I ran multiple tests to verify the issue was related to VA. I have reinstalled VA, reset my character in game and returned my settings back to default as well as purchase a new gaming mouse and keyboard. The issue remains. I am currently the only player experiencing this issue as I have checked the SC Forums and Support. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! 

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Voice Attack Issues with Star Citizen
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2022, 04:01:31 PM »
Are you using a third-party profile (E.G. from HCS Voice Packs), or have you created your own profile?

When you mention "use the Ships UI", are you executing any commands to do so? If so, have you checked to make sure all keypress actions are either set to "Press And Release Key(s)", or are matching pairs of "Press Key(s)" and "Release Key(s)"?

If you use a keypress action set to "Press Key(s)", due to the way Windows' keyboard system works, the key being pressed is assumed to remain pressed down until it is reported to be otherwise, either by software (like a keypress action set to "Release Key(s)"), or hardware (pressing and releasing the same key physically on your keyboard)

Stopping all commands, either through the button on VoiceAttack's main window, a keyboard key (combination) assigned to the "Stop All Commands Hotkey" option, or the "Make VoiceAttack Stop Processing All Commands" action in a command, will cause VoiceAttack to release any keys that are pressed down (including those on your physical keyboard, I.E. a message is sent to Windows to indicate that those keys are no longer pressed)

This can be used to try and confirm that the issue is a key being held down unintentionally by issuing the instruction to stop all commands when it occurs.

funw34p0nz

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2022, 01:38:16 PM »
 I should correct myself when I refer to the ships UI, I am using a Mobi-Glas(personal user interface) to open a channel from the ship to contact ATC for Landing, takeoff, repair, and refuel. The key press action is press/release with no hold or toggle option as default. I also stopped all commands and reset VA back to default settings. I am using HCS Voice packs. I have deleted the packs and tested each one in case one or more was the issue. The result was the same. No effect to the issue. I am also using the default Voice Commands for Star Citizen and not a created profile.

This may be more about the Personal UI than VA or HCS. Since SC is under development and is played as is, and with updates and tweaking that go on I am inclined to lean toward this but why does the issue leave once Voice Attack is shut down?

funw34p0nz

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2022, 02:47:31 PM »
I should correct myself when I refer to the ships UI, I am using a Mobi-Glas(personal user interface) to open a channel from the ship to contact ATC for Landing, takeoff, repair, and refuel. The key press action is press/release with no hold or toggle option as default. I also stopped all commands and reset VA back to default settings. I am using HCS Voice packs. I have deleted the packs and tested each one in case one or more was the issue. The result was the same. No effect to the issue. I am also using the default Voice Commands for Star Citizen and not a created profile.

This may be more about the Personal UI than VA or HCS. Since SC is under development and is played as is, and with updates and tweaking that go on I am inclined to lean toward this but why does the issue leave once Voice Attack is shut down?
I have just experienced the issue without Voice Attack on. So it's now apparent VA is not effecting the UI and flight controls at least not directly or not at all. That's good news. Well back to the board. The search continues..

Pheil I appreciate your assistance. Thank you for your time.