Author Topic: unable to change path in Vaicom Pro, nor in Voiceattack,  (Read 1785 times)

grayman74

unable to change path in Vaicom Pro, nor in Voiceattack,
« on: November 09, 2022, 05:36:41 AM »
hi Everyone,

Since DCS2.8 as we all know VaicomPro went public, however to install it , you need to change the DCS path in the VaicomPro config tab. For some reeason my computer will not allow me to browse my computer, and sets my desktop as the default DCS path. Funny enough , I seem to have the same phenomenon with the sound and apps folders from Voiceattack, hence I think the prolbem is with Voiceattack, having some restriction on it . Yes i am running as an admin. All help appreciated.

Kind regards,

Padinn

Re: unable to change path in Vaicom Pro, nor in Voiceattack,
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 05:39:44 PM »
I am also having the same issue with both voice attack (unable to select the location of the sounds or apps folder) and VAICom. These are my only options.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 06:16:26 PM »
If you disable plugins and restart VA, does that make a difference?  (Options > General > Uncheck 'Enable Plugin Support')

Padinn

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 06:50:01 PM »
Hey all,
Responded in Discord - I just discovered unlinking my PC from Microsoft One Drive fixes it. This is a temporary solution for me, but I think I can set what I need and reenable it. In VAICOM once I do thatr and use the registry fix option I should be good to go.

ArNeo

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2022, 11:57:08 AM »
Hey all,
Responded in Discord - I just discovered unlinking my PC from Microsoft One Drive fixes it. This is a temporary solution for me, but I think I can set what I need and reenable it. In VAICOM once I do thatr and use the registry fix option I should be good to go.

OneDrive itself has a 'Backup' feature witch can syncup 'Desktop', 'Documents' and 'Pictures'
When its enabled / disabled it changes the 'real-path', I've it disabled.

Normal path is C:\Users\%Username%\[Desktop|Documents|Pictures]
I think the Onedrive is like C:\Users\%Username%\[OneDrive-name]\[Desktop|Documents|Pictures]

Could be there's some mixup there.