Author Topic: Vaicom communication not working with DCS 2.8  (Read 3077 times)

magoa

Vaicom communication not working with DCS 2.8
« on: October 28, 2022, 05:31:19 PM »
Hello.
After updating DCS to 2.8 VA / Vaicom causes malfunctions:
- com 1 and 2 are no longer accessible (keyboard and joystick shortcuts).
- the main radio menu is not accessible anymore (keyboard and joystick shortcuts).
- Finally the voice radio communications with the AI (ATC / Tankers / ...) do not work anymore (Note that the orders given with VA like take out boom, take out stick, ..., they work).

The solution to continue to play with access to the COM and to:
1/ reset .lua in Vaicom
2/ repair DCS
3/ NO MORE OPEN VA / VAICOM (under penalty of having to repair DCS again)

Thanking you in advance for your feedback and for a permanent solution to use VA / VAICOM

;)

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Vaicom communication not working with DCS 2.8
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2022, 11:55:48 AM »
I'm not sure what the problem may be with VAICOM and DCS 2.8 - hoping maybe a VAICOM support person may drop by to give some insight.  In the meantime, you can also try emailing their support inbox over at support@vaicompro.com.

Seaweed

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2022, 01:24:10 PM »
Pinned and watching. I am having this same issue, albeit intermittently and with some differences.

Radios work fine for me. I cannot get a communications menu to work 90% of the time, either with or without VA running. I ran a DCS repair and it worked for a few times then stopped. Also, if I try to modify the profile as a workaround to no comms menu VA crashes.

I do have Vaicom Pro installed as well, so it could be something with that. Just providing data in case anyone on your end senses a pattern.

EDIT: After leaving here, it appears that the culprit is the lack of updating of Vaicom Pro, as it seems anyone who runs VP loses their comms menu after the update to 2.8. Repair lets it work a few times and then it fails again. Could be the problem with why the app crashes when I try to change a profile. All this is found here: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/168657-vaicom-pro-plugin-for-voiceattack/page/304/

magoa

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2022, 11:33:50 AM »
@hollywood315 has opened its source code to the Github open source community.

Vaicom could then come back or even be reborn from its ashes by integrating a greater multiplicity in its use.
I salute the initiative of @hollywood135 to offer its code.

https://github.com/Hollywood315/VAICOMPRO-GPL

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2022, 10:58:48 PM »
Thank you for the heads up - many others are probably thankful as well.

Here is the Vaicom community Discord if you're needing it:  https://discord.gg/wT8sHHP