Author Topic: Mouse move/clicks not working with Star Citizen  (Read 9493 times)

harkonian

Mouse move/clicks not working with Star Citizen
« on: September 04, 2016, 10:20:07 AM »
I have the following command configured:

Keypress: f1
Pause .8 seconds
Move mouse cursor to screen coordinates (917,480)
Press enter key and hold for .3 seconds

In Star Citizen, this should bring up mobiglass, move the mouse over the scheduler app and open that app. What actually happens is the mouse cursor is moved over the mobiglass app, but the UI doesn't recognize that the mouse is there, so the app is not actually selected (thus pressing enter does nothing, nor does a mouse click if I substitute that for tapping the enter key). If you manually move the mouse a bit mobiglass instantly recognizes the mouse position and highlights the app.

Is this the expected behavior? Seems broken, but I recognize this might be an issue with SC mouse detection rather than VoiceAttack's issue.

Assuming it's an issue with SC, is there a way to get this to work reliably?

iceblast

Re: Mouse move/clicks not working with Star Citizen
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2016, 03:10:01 PM »
Here, have VA run this file.

F1
Pause .8 seconds
Run Application - MoveMouse.exe / (it's only going to move the mouse to (917, 480) that's it.)
Hit Enter .3 seconds.

Sometimes, when you trying to get VA to move the mouse, some programs don't work as expected. Not sure why, and I don't know if the MoveMouse will do the trick. Could be something in SC preventing it.

Let me know if that worked for you.

http://www.filedropper.com/movemouse

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 03:59:13 PM »
I would also try putting an extra pause in there to see if it works:

Key press F1
Pause .8 seconds
Move mouse to x, y
Pause .1 second    <----extra pause
Press enter

It could be that SC does not see the mouse move before pressing enter (it is polling for mouse position).

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 12:04:12 AM »
No external applications are needed, however the mouse cursor needs to be moved using relative units to become visible, as outlined in this topic.