Author Topic: Commands missing after update to 1.10.1  (Read 2243 times)

Wahrheit

Commands missing after update to 1.10.1
« on: July 21, 2022, 12:05:37 PM »
Today I updated from 1.8.9 and my commands are all missing from my profile when I edit it. I see "30 commands" in the top bar but they are unlisted and I see no way to import or edit them.

Additionally, the app is randomly crashing without errors and I can't seem to find any logs.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Commands missing after update to 1.10.1
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2022, 12:15:59 PM »
This exact cause of this issue is being looked into by the developer, however it can be resolved by using the "Reset Defaults" button on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window (opened by clicking the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window).

That button will reset your non profile-specific settings (and optionally registration status, though that's not required in this case), but should not affect your profiles.

If you prefer, you can try making a backup of your existing settings beforehand, using the "Export Settings" button on the "System / Advanced" tab of the VoiceAttack options window. Though, as the issue possibly stems from one of the settings being corrupted, restoring them may not be advisable

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Commands missing after update to 1.10.1
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2022, 06:41:13 PM »
I have identified the problem and a fix will be included in the next beta (and then the next full release).

Resetting your settings to their default values as Pfeil explained will be the fastest way to fix the issue, and the one that I would recommend.   However, if you would like to retain your settings, you can edit the user.config for VoiceAttack by following these steps:

Close VoiceAttack.  Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\VoiceAttack.com and then go into the folder located in there (it will be randomly named).  Inside that folder you'll find a folder named '0.0.0.1' - go into that folder to find your user.config file.  Edit user.config using Notepad.  You're going to want to replace the value 'Action|' with 'Actions|'  (note the pipe symbol).  Save the file.  VoiceAttack's profile screen should be back in order again.