Author Topic: Buttons not Recognized. Winwing F-16 Throttle.  (Read 2401 times)

Raylemus

Buttons not Recognized. Winwing F-16 Throttle.
« on: April 25, 2022, 05:14:39 PM »
Hello,

I’m having an issue where the buttons on the Winwing F-16 throttle are not recognized by VA. Works okay with the F-18 and the Thrustmaster Warthog. Before I start troubleshooting, and potentially dedicating hours to this, does anyone here have a suggestion on where to start as the most probable cause? Thanks so much for your help in advance. I have the latest version of the software and the throttle has the latest software as well, including firmware updates. VA correctly identifies the device, but button commands are not recognized. Thanks again.

Ray Lemus

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: Buttons not Recognized. Winwing F-16 Throttle.
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 01:05:48 PM »
Saw that no one had replied yet to your question.  If you don't mind, I wanted to clarify this to be sure we're all on the same page - apologies for the redundancy if you have already done this, of course.

When you say that VA correctly identifies the device, do you mean that it is visible, and you have set it, in the VoiceAttack Options > Joystick Options screen shown below?

Have you used the "TEST" button in the bottom left to get an idea of what buttons are seen/what buttons are not?

bepbup

Re: Buttons not Recognized. Winwing F-16 Throttle.
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2022, 11:12:44 PM »
I apologize for the necro, but wanted to add my response as I had the same issue and found a solution-
I think this happens because VoiceAttack sees a few of the joystick's buttons "pressed" in its default state (for me it was registering 1 and 7) and refuses to process a third (whichever one you actually intend). What worked for me was clicking the "Reset" button (shown in attached image), which cleared the active buttons and allowed the "third" button to be recognized while mapping. Once you have it mapped like this, VoiceAttack should recognize when pressed outside of mapping as you'd expect.