Author Topic: star trek Online won't respond to Voice attack.  (Read 2647 times)

handyman1852

star trek Online won't respond to Voice attack.
« on: April 07, 2022, 07:05:04 AM »
I am having a LOT of problems trying to have Star Trek Online react or communicate with Voice Attack.

I have used Voice Attack on a past P.C.  without issue. Now the setup is incredibly difficult.

Where is the key input method for Standard or Windows Game Direct X located?  It used to be located on the (Add A Key Press) window. Now it is nowhere to be found?

I will attach all the relevant screen prints. Hopefully you can diagnose the problem.
I have spent a week researching the non-communication problem to no avail.
I have quadruple checked all of my set ups &  Voice Attack still does not respond to Star Trek Online.
Mike jermanicas@aol.com

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: star trek Online won't respond to Voice attack.
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2022, 07:15:15 AM »
Where is the key input method for Standard or Windows Game Direct X located?  It used to be located on the (Add A Key Press) window. Now it is nowhere to be found?
That option has not been present for over five years now, as keypress input was improved to not require it.

Have you tried the suggestions in this topic?

handyman1852

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 09:48:26 AM »
I just don’t get why setting up Voice Attack is so difficult. ..
I download the program.
I get the program to recognize my voice.
I set up a basic command.
The program recognizes my command. “green square”
I set the program to target Star trek online as the active window.
I double check that the key press is correct and matches the in game key bind.
I double check that the headset  I am wearing matches the one shown listed in Voice Attack.
I double check that headset I am wearing matches also matches the one shown in Star trek online.
I try go into the game  with Voice Attack command box up on the desk top to but it will not permit me enter the game with out minimalizing the command box.
I then say the command into my headset that I have recorded in Voice Attack and NOTHING happens.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 09:56:20 AM »
Is the command not recognized, or is it recognized but apparently have no effect on the target application?

If you switch back to VoiceAttack's main window, does the log mention that a command was recognized?

If you add a "Play a Sound" action to the command (E.G. utilizing one of the built-in sounds in the dropdown), does the sound play when you speak the command while the game has focus?

handyman1852

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 07:16:19 PM »
In the profile dialog box it has a green box and the name of the command that I said to Voice Attack.
It acknowledges that the command is recognized. However, no action is taken in game. And yes I have verified the target is indeed Star Trek Online.   
The command is “Scan” the in game key bind is V lower case.
No other programs are running. Just Voice Attack & Star trek Online. 

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2022, 07:19:15 PM »
How long is the key being held down for (I.E. which value did you enter into the "Hold down for" field of the keypress action)?

Is VoiceAttack running as administrator?

handyman1852

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2022, 08:15:04 PM »
0.15  have erased the 1.0 command. I also thank you for your help.:)  I will check on the admin question.

handyman1852

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2022, 08:22:06 PM »
I switched to Run as admin and I have a "hand shake!" In other words it works!! Yeah!!! Thanks so much!!! :)  :)

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2022, 10:25:18 AM »
This would mean that Star Trek Online is running in a higher security context (administrator), and Windows is blocking virtual input for safety.  Is there a particular reason why STO would need to be run as an administrator?