Author Topic: Problem right from the start  (Read 971 times)

LostManAbroad

Problem right from the start
« on: February 18, 2022, 10:43:06 AM »
I just downloaded the trial version. From videos I've watched I am almost certain I will be getting this but I ran into a problem at the beginning. When I first opened up VoiceAttack I got that screen where you can train VoiceAttack to recognize your voice by reading some lines of text.

I accidentally skipped this. I then searched the program and couldn't figure out how to bring it back up. So then I uninstalled the program and used Revo Uninstaller to remove all the little files that are left behind after the uninstall. I then reinstalled VoiceAttack again only this time I never got the option to train it to recognize my voice.

Anyone know how to access that?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Problem right from the start
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2022, 11:19:30 AM »
The trainer that is presented by VA is the one that is built into Windows (normally found by going into the Control Panel/Speech Recognition applet).  A shortcut is available through VA to the trainer, however-

Go to the Options screen, over to the 'Recognition' tab. 
Click on 'Utilities' and then 'Speech Engine Training'.
Work through the training steps.
Restart VA (might not be necessary, doesn't hurt).

On a side note, if you had elected to hide the tips screen, the startup tip that shows the shortcut to the trainer would also be hidden.  An uninstall/reinstall would not fix that - you'd have to check the box, 'Show tips at startup' on the Options screen > General tab to bring that back.

Hope that helps!

LostManAbroad

Re: Problem right from the start
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2022, 01:10:41 PM »
Thank you. Your reply solved the problem.