Author Topic: VA just shuts down in game  (Read 1841 times)

Mackar

VA just shuts down in game
« on: January 07, 2022, 09:21:58 PM »
Love VA but after about 5 minutes in game the program just ceases to work in il2. The app actually closes, with out any reason. I recently added a new voice pack which works but surely that can't be the cause??? Help/advice appreciated.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA just shuts down in game
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 09:24:10 PM »
Is there a VoiceAttackFault.txt file in VoiceAttack's installation directory? If so, what are its contents?

Which version of VoiceAttack are you running?

Mackar

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 09:51:26 PM »
No there isn't. I even tried the Event sources directory but nothing there either. Running the current version. I only purchased the app about 4 days ago. It was running fine until yesterday. It crashes even when the game isn't running.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 10:56:05 PM »
@Mackar - could you also look in %APPDATA%\VoiceAttack to see if there is a VoiceAttackFault.txt in there?  VA will write to that directory if it cannot write to the installation directory.

Mackar

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2022, 02:11:44 PM »
For some reason the issue has gone away. I suspect it was caused by conflicting recorded voice commands. When I rectified this the problem disappeared.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 02:13:01 PM »
"conflicting recorded voice commands"? Can you elaborate on that?

Mackar

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2022, 02:56:15 PM »
i had two spoken voice commands overlapping each other. When I removed one it seemed to rectify the instability. My other suspicion was the Nahimic setting which I also disabled.