Author Topic: Rolling back to v1.8.8  (Read 1572 times)

Mergatroid

Rolling back to v1.8.8
« on: October 27, 2021, 07:09:50 AM »
I can't roll back VA with the steam version without a lot of hassle (tried it and it just updates regardless). So I purchased a stand alone reg key.

My problem is that 1.8.9 appears to want to stay at the front of everything regardless of the At front check box ticked or not.

It does not stop me from playing EDO, but it does prevent me from exiting the game, accessing tabs on my browser unless I shut down VA entirely – it also limits the use of voice commands unless I keep clicking the EDO screen to get it to the front again.

I am quite happy to roll back to 1.8.8 but I cant find a link to the file at all.

Is there a solution to the problem or can someone provide me with a link to the previous version download.

Many thanks in advance.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Rolling back to v1.8.8
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 07:16:16 AM »
Links to all installation options can be found in the release topic for that version.

However, v1.8.9 is a bugfix release of v1.8.8, so the behavior should be identical between the two, and more importantly the issue you're describing is not something I recall getting reported before.

Have you tried running VoiceAttack with an empty profile and plugins disabled?

Mergatroid

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2021, 07:24:31 AM »
Thanks for the prompt reply and no I have not.

I naturally assumed as 1.8.9 was a new release that it was a programme fault. However, I shall do as you suggest and give that a try.

Thankyou for the suggestion and I will report back.

Not entrely sure whats going on. I had already downloaded the file from that link and when installing, it indicates its 1.8.9.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 07:27:33 AM »
Which link, specifically? The "Current version" links point to the current release version, I.E. v1.8.9

Links to older versions are further along in that post.

Mergatroid

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2021, 03:48:26 AM »
Thanks for the advice Pfiel.

Uninstalling everything including the files Appdata folder fixed the problem. It appears a corrupt custom profile, linked to the HCS Eden voice pack was causing some problems.

So thankyou for your help