Author Topic: VoiceAttack Locking Up When Trying to Create a New Profile  (Read 1868 times)

Zcat

VoiceAttack Locking Up When Trying to Create a New Profile
« on: October 24, 2021, 01:51:38 PM »
Don't know what's happening here.  I just purchased MSFS2020 and wanted to create a profile for it.  I already have created two profiles that work fine.  When I try to create a new profile, I get a "pling" sound and it locks up and nothing works.  I can't even close the program without going into the task manager and close it there.  After several tries, I tried copying one of my other profiles with the intent of editing that one for MSFS2020.  The program duplicated the profile fine but when I tried to edit it, everything locked up again.

Don't know how to get past this one.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VoiceAttack Locking Up When Trying to Create a New Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2021, 03:06:41 PM »
Hi, Zcat

This is behavior in VA that I'm not familiar with.

What you'll want to do as a first step is to go into your Options screen, General tab and click the, 'System Info' button.  From there, select, 'Generate System Summary' and then choose, 'Write to file'.  Choose a location for your summary file, save it and then upload that here so that I may take a look to see what the next step might be.  This will save a lot of back and forth messages just to get the basics ;)

Zcat

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 03:22:58 PM »
Heya!

Thanks for the rapid response!

File attached.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2021, 04:32:20 PM »
I'm not seeing anything that would tend to cause an issue like you're experiencing.  Did you manually edit any of your profiles (that is, export as XML, modify the profile and then import)?

The only thing I can suggest at this point is to possibly send me your zipped up VoiceAttack.dat file - I can throw it on the debugger and see if there's something amiss.  I'd also need step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the problem.  If I can reproduce the problem, I can usually fix the issue (or at least find a workaround).

Your VoiceAttack.dat file is located (usually) in C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack
Zip up the VoiceAttack.dat file and send it over to support@voiceattack.com.

Before you do any of that - have  you tried uninstalling/reinstalling (from the Steam client)?  Wondering if something's gotten borked up locally.  Again - what you are experiencing is highly atypical o_O

Zcat

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2021, 07:12:40 AM »
Heya!

On a whim I uninstalled and reinstalled VA last night before I went to bed and tried it this morning.  Things seem to be going along as intended.  So... all's well in Wonderland.

Thank you for your kind attention! 

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2021, 07:04:22 PM »
Thanks for the heads up, Zcat. 

I was puzzled by what that could possibly be (with the sounds and everything).

Glad you got it sorted!