Author Topic: Event log  (Read 1098 times)

va19530404

Event log
« on: October 14, 2021, 08:10:12 AM »
I'm a new user. I have a few questions concerning the recognition log or event log, assuming it is the same thing:

a) is there a limited to the number of values (lines) that can be written to this log?
b) is the contents of this log thrashed or saved when exiting VA?
c) if the function VA.WriteToLog() is used to write values out to the log; what VA function is used to search/retrieve values from the log?

Thanks.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Event log
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 08:48:38 AM »
Yes; this limit is 100 items by default, but can be changed using the context menu for the log itself.

The contents are not saved, no. You can manually copy them by selecting items and copying them either using the context menu or Ctrl-C.

There is no built-in method for retrieving the contents of the log.
Certain information that is shown in the log may also be available through tokens, however; have a look at the "Text (and Text-To-Speech) Tokens" section of the documentation (Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer).

va19530404

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 03:19:28 AM »
Thanks, Pfeil

I'll have a look at the "Text (and Text-To-Speech) Tokens" section. I shall also have look into the "Write Text to a file" option together with the use of an inline function to read the text file.

Many thanks.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 08:21:10 AM »
You may still want to use an inline function if you're looking to parse text, but perhaps worth noting that you can read all text from a file beforehand using the "Set a Text Value" action's "Value from file/URI" option

va19530404

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2021, 09:28:39 AM »
Okay...nice. Thanks.