Author Topic: Voice attack not bringing up com menu  (Read 1893 times)

skypickle

Voice attack not bringing up com menu
« on: September 05, 2021, 10:24:41 AM »
I have configured a custom command that consists of
keypress:   \
test to speech:   'coms up'

This command is triggered bby me saying 'comms'

This command works because I hear the response 'comms up' but I never see the menu that should appear when I type '\'

Help?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Voice attack not bringing up com menu
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2021, 10:37:38 AM »
Aside from the general suggestions here, if you're not using a US QWERTY keyboard, you'd want to verify that the key you're instructing VoiceAttack to press is actually the one DCS is registering (this is a consequence of the way the DCS input system works).

You should be able to see whether the correct press is registering ingame by opening the ingame control settings and executing your command, which should highlight the control bound to that key, if any (try something generic like "G" if your command does not appear to have any effect)

skypickle

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 08:30:48 PM »
Thank you for your reply.
When I open the 'Adjust controls' menu in DCS and use voice attack, it properly highlights the '\' key which is mapped to the comms menu. However, in game, nothing happens.

Interestingly, I created another command to enable the master arm. When I issue this command to voice attack, the master arm switch is enabled. So I think the problem is specific to the communications menu.

As a proof, I mapped the 'HOTAS mic switch down' function to a button on my hotas. Now in game, I can bring up the comms menus with this button. Furthermore, Voice Attack enables me to navigate this menu,. For example, when I say 'F12' since I have created a custom command for F12, I can exit. All other F keys respond to voice attack as well. So the problem is solved.

Dai-San

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2021, 11:42:53 AM »
Just in case you were still interested I have exactly the same issue but found the solution.

Just add a duplicate Keypress underneath the first "\" keypress and it will work fine.

Press \| key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
Press \| key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2021, 12:02:22 PM »
@Dai-San

There might need to be a pause between those two actions, as DCS might not always be able to detect that the key was released before being pressed again.