Author Topic: Press and Release swap roles  (Read 1645 times)

Morphine

Press and Release swap roles
« on: August 13, 2021, 11:15:53 PM »
Occasionally VA will get confused and Press and Release will swap functions on all three of my PTT buttons. Press becomes Suspend Listening and Release becomes Resume Listening (the opposite of how it is configured). Any ideas why/how this is happening. A restart fixes the problem but I can't always do that flying in VR. I'm running Vaicom but this feels like a VA issue. I also apologize if this has been asked previously.

Thx - Morphine

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Press and Release swap roles
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2021, 03:34:15 AM »
Have you checked whether the appropriate commands are still triggered in the correct order when this occurs?

I'll assume you're using joystick buttons, and have those mapped to specific commands in the third-party VAICOM profile?

Morphine

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2021, 11:11:52 AM »
Yes, the commands still work properly. Essentially VA switches to always listening and the buttons tell it to stop listening. This gives me an idea, can VA be switched into an Always Listening mode? Perhaps some strange sequence of keystrokes is causing that to happen.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2021, 11:20:05 AM »
The commands your keys are configured to execute functions in the third-party VAICOM plugin; have you contacted the author of said plugin (as well as the profile) about this?

VoiceAttack by default listens unless told otherwise. This is not an explicit "mode", and would not invert if no changes are made to the settings.

If you create a command to disable listening, and another command to enable listening, containing only the "Make VoiceAttack Stop Listening" and "Make VoiceAttack Start Listening" action, respectively, does the same issue occur?

Morphine

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2021, 05:40:14 PM »
Ok, thanks for your help. Didn't realize VA was always listening. I never used it without Vaicom. I'll do some more research on the Vaicom side of things.