Author Topic: Only send commands if active window is visible or selected?  (Read 2051 times)

vaguexrdx

Only send commands if active window is visible or selected?
« on: April 14, 2021, 08:56:29 PM »
I have commands using the numbers 1-4 with voice attack. However, if I alt-tab to check the web or do something else they still will activate but in that new current window.  I've done what I thought in the options to make it only send the command to the active game + when it is in focus but doesn't seem to be doing much.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Only send commands if active window is visible or selected?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2021, 09:30:10 PM »
Hey, there - 

In addition to selecting the option, 'Stop command if target window focus is lost', you must make sure you specify a target application (and not just, 'active window').  Selecting just, 'active window' will only stop the command if the focus is lost *after* the command starts, whereas if you select a specific target, the command will not kick off unless the specified app/window is selected and focused to begin with.

Hope that helps!

vaguexrdx

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 10:22:02 PM »
I do still doesn't work for me?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2021, 10:46:11 PM »
This is working for me, even when using the hotkey/shortcut and also duplicating the targeting between command and profile (just to make sure we're comparing apples to apples).

I was going to suggest that maybe 'Elite Dangerous (CLIENT)' still has focus somehow, but your log shows that VA is working as intended -  "Stop Command '4/0/2': focus lost" means the command was stopped when you pressed, '1' (shortcut).

If it says it's stopped and keys are somehow still getting pressed, I'm not sure what's going on.  The only thing I can think of is that your command has gotten borked up somehow  - you might want to try recreating the command in a new profile, just for testing (long shot).

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2021, 11:13:05 PM »
Quick question - what key(s) are still getting through?  If it is the, '1' key, you're going to need to set your hotkey to not let the key through.  Might not be a great idea if it's the '1' key though, as '1' is heavily utilized o_O

vaguexrdx

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2021, 11:42:50 PM »
every key gets through.. I also just reformatted the drive so this is a brand new profile .. didnt save last... I could try running the game in full screen.. but it makes other things a pain.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2021, 12:29:30 AM »
Just to be clear - your log says that your command is stopped due to focus being lost, but the down, right, left, left, left keys are all being pressed when you press the '1' key when, say, Notepad is focused (and Notepad receives all of the key presses - down, right, left, left, left).  Just want to make sure we're talking about the same thing.