Author Topic: 64 bit VA  (Read 2736 times)

Cooperman1205

64 bit VA
« on: March 21, 2021, 04:05:23 PM »
Hi my name is Ian and i have been a user of VA for about a year now new to these forums i just noticed that it runs as a 32bit program, is there a 64 bit stable version as i have just run the beta 187.12 and i get error messages (which i have sent back to the correct e-mail) and my joystick selection is greyed out saying not available, i use a button on my stick as a ptt in dcs, it works fine in the 32bit standard version can you offer any help or answers?

Many thanks for your time
Ian

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: 64 bit VA
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2021, 04:10:42 PM »
There is currently no stable release of the 64bit version, however all VoiceAttack features available in the 32bit version are available in the 64bit version, including joysticks.

Make sure you have the "VAJS.dll" file in the installation directory, and that it is not locked (right-click the file, choose "Properties", and check the bottom of the "General" tab for an unlock button).

Thomas WarChild

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 11:56:31 AM »
I just spent boo Coo money for a new system - Ryzen 7 with 3080.  Went to install VA from Steam and it installed but when I load up my HCS Voice packs... VA comes back and says I need a 64 bit version.  But from this thread you're saying it doesn't exist.???

I'm at a loss..   What they heck?!?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 12:38:20 PM »
What Pfeil was saying is that the only version of 64-bit VoiceAttack is the beta version, which can be downloaded here:

http://voiceattack.com/download 

Look for, '64-bit Steam Edition zipped folder' and follow the instructions inside the .zip. 

What has happened is that HCS's MSFS packs require a 64-bit version of their plugins, which in turn require the 64-bit version of VoiceAttack which is still considered, 'beta' (although it is very solid now and could be a full release - just hasn't been classified a full release just yet).

Hope that helps!