Author Topic: random commands in Elite Dangerous  (Read 1549 times)

styleruk

random commands in Elite Dangerous
« on: March 11, 2021, 03:20:50 AM »
Thought I'd give this a go in Elite dangerous, but it keeps giving random commands like 'deploy weapons' or '25% reverse'. which was not much help in a station!
Then I notice when running, it kept autoscrolling within windows file manager and randomly selecting things, drove me nuts.  So turned that off.
Anyone had this or can point to something glaringly obvious for a noob.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: random commands in Elite Dangerous
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 03:30:08 AM »
Have you check the suggestions in the '"I'm not saying anything but VoiceAttack keeps hearing things"' section of this topic?

styleruk

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 04:08:06 AM »
OK, that's a good link.  I'll read through that tonight. 
The only error I see when I start up voiceattack is 'warning you have missing keyboard binds in elite'.  I thought I'd covered them all but obviously not.  It does say refer to 'missing keybinds report in the customiser'.  What is this 'customiser'? Not sure where to find that report so I can check the error, but I'm sure this is not causing the other things.
I'll try the echo suggestion in that thread you shared first and then read through the rest later.

Thanks for the quick human response.

Simon

styleruk

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2021, 04:16:06 AM »
oh wait, I found the keybind report...that's not an issue now.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2021, 04:21:41 AM »
Those messages, and the "customiser" are part of the third-party HCS Voice Packs products you have installed.

You'll want to contact them about that via their forum, or their Discord, for more information.

Though I believe the customiser can be opened by speaking "protocol override customise my settings" or pressing the left Alt, left Shift, left Ctrl, and Enter keys simultaneously.

styleruk

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2021, 07:46:21 AM »
that is the case and I have a response from them of things to try too.  So I'll have a crack tonight after work and see what I find.  I will update this thread then.

styleruk

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 01:22:48 AM »
OK, tried a few of the suggestions here and from HCS, much better but still glitchy.  I think this just takes a while to make it useful as I have adjusted some of the settings so it does not pick up background sounds etc.. and now it does not always pick up my voice.
One thing though, I did go through the windows voice training once.  First of all it is recommended to go over it a few times so I might do that but also, I set up using my pc microphone, when I play the game I use oculus, so maybe I need to run through that with oculus on somehow, maybe in oculus virtual desktop mode or something, that way it will tune in better to the oculus mic instead of the pc mic settings.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2021, 01:31:35 AM »
The speech recognition training should be completed at least three times, and is specific to the microphone and environment you are using.

If you have multiple microphone, create a speech recognition profile for each, and train them separately.

Instructions on creating additional speech recognition profiles can be derived from this topic.

This VoiceAttack profile could also be quite useful for switching between speech recognition profiles.