Author Topic: See you at 10  (Read 1091 times)

blackie1

See you at 10
« on: February 20, 2021, 05:13:32 PM »
I don't know if anyone is familiar with DCS World /Supercarrier.
When approaching the boat I use voice attack to start 5 commands. Inbound, see you at 10 , call the ball,and when on the deck place chocks and remove chocks. There are 4 commands that use one menu and all work. The only one which won't work is "see you at 10" which seems to go into a sub menu after AI communication , which I don't know how to activate. Any help would be much appreciated .
John.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: See you at 10
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2021, 05:29:12 PM »
Are these commands you have created yourself, or from a third party?

If you're attempting to control an ingame menu system, the keypresses (assuming this menu is controlled using the keyboard) your VoiceAttack command needs to produce would be identical to those you would input using your physical keyboard.

That is unless the layout of the menu is not consistent (E.G. it changes depending on one or more ingame states, like the location of your aircraft), in which case you would likely need to get data from the game to compensate for that (assuming relevant data is made available by the game, and you have a method for bringing it into VoiceAttack, E.G. using a plugin or inline function).

blackie1

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2021, 07:32:48 PM »
Hi
Thanks for the prompt reply.
These are my own following the keyboard sequence in supercarrier. like I mentioned earlier the other four work fine . You can use the voice activation or the f keys on the keyboard or click the on screen menu to have them work . The glitch happens at the end of the inbound sequence , there is automatic  AI dialogue between the aircraft and the boat , after which it switches to a sub-menu where the F2 key command  "see you at 10 " is, you can click the F2 key on the keyboard or the on screen menu and it works, the" see you at 10" is in the sub-menu. I tried a separate line but it won' bring up the sub menu, I should mention that these are all voice activated commands.
Thanks.
John.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2021, 07:38:14 PM »
If the menu only switches to the submenu after this dialogue, do you have a pause in your command to reflect that delay?

If your command is set up to press F2 immediately, but the menu isn't accepting input at that moment, logically, nothing will happen ingame

jonsky7

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2021, 10:56:23 AM »
I've only had a real quick look, but thought I'd share my findings.

In the keybinds for the F14 and F18, there is a keybind called

Switch Dialog default key is Left Shift+\

This seems to change the menu from the main menu to the current task.

Maybe you could do something with that?