Author Topic: Got me stumped!  (Read 1470 times)

bobtuck

Got me stumped!
« on: February 07, 2021, 06:14:55 PM »
Hi guys, hope someone can help cos I've tried everything (reinstalls etc)

I'm using VA with HCS voice pack (tried two...same prob) and VA keeps crashing regularly.

The log in 'Voice Attack Fault' states (each and every time)....

"System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at VoiceAttack.frmMain.(Command2 , Process , Boolean , Boolean , Int32 , Boolean , Nullable`1 , Guid , Guid , List`1 , Command2 )
   at VoiceAttack.frmMain.–.()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
***VoiceAttack v1.8.7 - Windows 10.0.19042.0
Plugin assemblies:
HCS Plugin v3.5.8 - (c) 2016-2020 HCS VoicePacks Ltd [HCSPlugin.dll] (enabled) - Last call: 07 Feb 2021 11:11:01:05 VA_Invoke1"

.....I've seen some reports of similar problems, but not exactly this one, any help gratefully received!!!

Bob

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Got me stumped!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 06:21:05 PM »
Does this issue still occur when you disable plugin support?

Click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window, and on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window uncheck the "Enable Plugin Support" option, click "OK", click "OK", then restart VoiceAttack

Have you contacted HCS Voice Packs about this?

bobtuck

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 06:33:55 PM »
Thank you Pfeil.....I can disable plugin support (but will this not render the HCS voice inactive and thus prevent me from testing in Elite Dangerous?)

Yes! I have HCS on their forum about this......nothing yet :(

Many thanks

bobtuck

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 08:49:21 AM »
Is there anyone here who can understand the error report logged above?

This is driving me nuts trying to fix it!! (I don't really know what I'm trying to fix) :(

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 09:09:51 AM »
What is happening is there is an error in the HCS plugin that you're running.  The error is indicating that a piece of code is trying to be accessed, but given the state of things that code (or object) does not exist.  This is usually from a situation where a condition arises that has not yet been considered.  Since it's emanating from an HCS plugin call, there's nothing that I am able to do about it from this end other than to refer you over to HCS.  Their folks come through here every now and then and answer questions, but the fastest route to resolving your issue would be to contact them directly.

bobtuck

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 09:44:31 AM »
Gary you really are a hero! Many thank you's.....I'll try HCS again but it's a bit 'tumble weedy' over there lately :(

Thanks again

Bob

bobtuck

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 09:30:00 AM »
Just a quick update in case anyone else is getting the same (or similar problem) see here...

http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum/technical-support/30319-hcs-or-voice-attack-problem