Author Topic: Hi, Newbie here. Wanted to try and get some assistance for B17 The Mighty Eighth  (Read 852 times)

dwbarnett

Hi Newbie here. I searched, but did not locate anything on this topic.  I believe I could use VC for the program.

There are a few key binds in B17. I think that will be easy enough to setup.  IE the Bombardier is on tilde key, navigator on the 1 key and so till tail gunner on number key nine.   C is compartment, I is instrument and space is alternate instrument.(closeup of certain panel).. That seems straight forward enough.

Now this is where I'm not really sure how to accomplish if possible.  I have read the VC manual.  Particularly the section on mouse selection.

You see if you are in a compartment, and you right click on that operator, a circular menu pops up. On this menu you choose to have that particular operator, accomplish another function.

Example: If My navigator was hurt, a red cross would appear on his icon.  I would then right click my bombardier, to select the navigator; while the rt click menu showed showed the red cross selected.

At this point, the bombardier would leave his station and give first aid to the navigator. It may be a little complicated to understand, how the menu is laid out.

I can upload the pdf manual if needed. Or link to some youtube vids to help explain.  Simple search on B17 Mighty Eighth tutorials, will show a few vids on youtube.

Firstly, would this even be possible, with this type of layout?  Think about the F14 jester menu, very similar in function.

My goal would be to say"  Bombardier, help the navigator, or something similar. Then the Bombardier would go to the navigator and administer first aid. And so forth.

There are other commands to use as well. If I can get his one command down, then hopefully I can figure out the rest for the setup.

Apologies for long post.  Just didn't know how to explain  it any better.

Thank You
David

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
From what I can see in the manual, no keyboard controls are mentioned for this "Icon Rose" feature, unfortunately.

Having a quick look at some videos, it does appear that while the "Icon Rose" isn't stationary, the camera is. If you can keep track of what view you're in, and where the crewmembers are, that could work.

This would require a number of advanced actions, like setting variables and using conditions.

Press F1 while VoiceAttack has focus to open VoiceAttackHelp.pdf in your default PDF viewer, which contains information on these and other VoiceAttack features.

These topics may also be of use:
Control flow (If, Else, ElseIf, Loop, Jump) basics
Variables and tokens summed up

dwbarnett

Hi, Thank You for taking a look.  based on your information...above my pay grade.  perhaps I can at least set up some movements to compartments and actions stuff.   That will help somewhat in the heat of battle.

I had a hunch, the control rose would probably not work, being as there were no key bindings.
Thank You again for your input. I appreciate this program as well.

Best,
David