Author Topic: Problem with Asus ROG Strix Wireless?  (Read 1419 times)

CmdrKantosKan

Problem with Asus ROG Strix Wireless?
« on: January 22, 2021, 07:14:08 AM »
Anybody ever had issues with the ASUS RoG Strix Wireless headset? I installed the software, then went to Windows 10 Sound control panel to change the default output and input and then, in VA, I see the red microphone icon in the upper right corner and when I go over it, it reports the mic as being muted or no signal detected.

But, when I speak, I see the bar showing the intensity of the input at the bottom of the window. I also tried to calibrate my microphone in Windows Speech settings and the system didn't have any problem to get input from the microphone.

What could be the problem? When initializing, VA reports the Sonic app from Asus running. It says I can suppress this warning in the "Options" but after reviewing every single tab under preferences, I don't see anything to shut this warning off.

Any idea?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Problem with Asus ROG Strix Wireless?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2021, 07:21:28 AM »
You likely have filtering enabled in your soundcard driver software that is removing background noise. "no signal detected" means there is no sound coming into the speech recognition engine, which can occur if there is a noise gate filter applied.

If recognition is working correctly, that is not necessarily an issue.

Suppressing the log warning is done by unchecking the "Show Third-Party App Warnings" option on the "System / Advanced" tab of the VoiceAttack options window.

Do keep in mind that if you experience recognition issues, the filtering and "Sonic Studio" are some of the first things to try and disable.

CmdrKantosKan

Re: Problem with Asus ROG Strix Wireless?
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2021, 07:28:54 AM »
I think there were a few options in Sonic Studio regarding the microphone. I'll try to disable those.

Thanks!