Author Topic: VA set to wait for keypress, but when starts, mic is permanently on  (Read 1374 times)

wullail

I've set Voice Attack up to wait for a joystick button press, listen for one command and then stop listening, mostly because of the amount of noise  in the background where I am.

(I've had ships in elite , take off on autopilot , release all it's chaff then get blown up by a station when I'm afk before I realised this and set this option up).

But, when VA first starts, it sits there with the microphone permanently open, once I press the button and give it any command, it starts behaving as it should.

I was hoping it'd see the setting and mute the microphone until the button was pressed from the start.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA set to wait for keypress, but when starts, mic is permanently on
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 05:30:03 AM »
If I recall correctly this was fixed relatively recently for the "Recognition Global Hotkey" option.

The intended behavior is for listening to be off when VoiceAttack starts, if the "Listen then stop listening after recognition completes" option is chosen.

For now, you could set up the "Recognition Global Hotkey" option for "Listen then stop listening after recognition completes", which will have VoiceAttack start with listening turned off; the "Joystick Button Recognition" option will remain functional as well.

marcost

Re: VA set to wait for keypress, but when starts, mic is permanently on
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 05:17:47 AM »
I have the same problem - VA used to start with listening disabled but now it starts enabled. The suggested solution works for me.

Thanks

M