Author Topic: When I click on the square with pencil in it, the Edit Window comes up empty?  (Read 1387 times)

Bingo041

When I click on the square with pencil in it, the Edit Window comes up empty, no text? I am not able to edit any of my profiles?

However, I can run any profile, and make it work, or if I attempt to export any profile, the Profile shows up in the Export file Window.

All my profiles, and I have many, are in fact in VA.

I have no idea how to fix?

Bill Clark

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Make sure the "S", "K", "M", "J", "P", "X", and "F" filter options next to the "list filter" field are disabled (I.E. they don't have a dark-gray square around them)

When you say "no text", is there no "No results for this filter." message in the list?

Reggy

I just got the full version and had the same problem. Totally blank showing "No results for this filter" -without setting a filter. Simple fix for me was: R click on the VoiceAttack icon on the upper left corner and click Reset Speech Recognition. That showed everything again without changing anything. YMMV

Bingo041

Thanks to both of you for replying.

What seemed to work was to make "S", "K", "M", "J", "P", "X", and "F" filter options all gray and set them to "not gray."

Right clicking on the VA icon in upper left was greyed out, and function not available.

My Edit area is no longer "blank."

Thanks again,
Bill Clark

RicardoHD

You can't imagine how happy i was to read this, i spendt 3 hours today searching for a solution...
I thought i had lost all my commands...

Gary

• Administrator
In the next release, the filter buttons will only maintain state while the current profile is active.  This way, you can set the filters, work with the profile (open and close the 'edit profile' screen) and maintain filter state.  Once you change profiles or shut VA down, the filters will be reset.