Author Topic: Cant figure out why this command stops working  (Read 927 times)

kharmon

Cant figure out why this command stops working
« on: December 27, 2020, 10:29:13 PM »
I want to create a command that presses and releases the P key when I press & hold the CapsLock key.   I want it to do the same when I release the CapsLock Key.  The command is triggered by pressing the CapsLock Key, either the real one or a virtual one activated by vjoy.  This is what I have:

The P Key is pressed & released
Start Loop while Capslock is Pressed
End Loop
The P Key is pressed & released

Capslock keypress is set to be passed through to the program I need the macro for.
This script works great, then it just stops working after a while.    CapsLock is still passed through, but the voiceattack macro is not triggered even when the real Capslock key is pressed.  It doesn't even show up in the list of executed commands unless I restart the profile.    All my other VA macros work fine.

Any ideas what might be the issue?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Cant figure out why this command stops working
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 10:54:32 PM »
Are you saying once your capslock hot-keyed command stops working, your other hot-keyed commands continue to work as expected, or do they fail at the same time?

kharmon

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 10:59:53 PM »
I clarified my original post a bit. My other voice attack macros appear to still be functioning.  This is the only one that stops working.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 11:01:00 PM »
Does stopping all commands (E.G. using the stop button on VoiceAttack's main window) allow the capslock command to trigger again?

As an aside, you can right-click the action list and choose "Copy All as Text", so you can paste into your post (code tags are recommended; Click the "#" button)

kharmon

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 11:07:40 PM »
Thanks.  Ill try the stop button tomorrow and report back here.

Code: [Select]
Press P key and hold for 0.03 seconds and release
Start Loop While :  Keyboard Key 'Caps Lock' Is Pressed
End Loop
Press P key and hold for 0.03 seconds and release

kharmon

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 02:35:17 PM »
OK, I am pretty sure another VA macro I have is interfering with the one I want to work.  I will attempt to rewrite it so they can activate exclusive of one another.

Thank you both.