Author Topic: Please add more syntax examples to your documentation  (Read 2353 times)

Jerawolfe

Please add more syntax examples to your documentation
« on: December 22, 2020, 02:31:25 PM »
No, it's not a feature for the program.
It's an incredibly vital feature for everyone you want to have access to the program.

SYNTAX EXAMPLES. They are surprisingly absent from the help file, they are surprisingly absent when the people in VA talk about the code, they are only found by those struggling to figure it out in their absence.

Really, one of the most empowering tools of clarity and one of the greatest aides to the new comers you could produce would be syntax examples of the code, with their resulting output.

I had to figure out how to format a variable to be used with the 'text to speech' say command, and that would have just required a few example snippets of syntax.

That's my suggestion. From LSL to Python, they're a lifesaver and a lighthouse in the storm of confusion that most coders, new and old alike, will face when trying to figure out how to format the commands and functions you otherwise have brilliantly deconstructed and laid out in your help document.

That's all, hope it helps get more people on board and excited to use Voice attack! I know I'm loving it.