Author Topic: I need assisatnce solving how to make this voice command  (Read 1132 times)

polynut

I need assisatnce solving how to make this voice command
« on: December 11, 2020, 09:20:42 PM »
Hi guy's i hope everybody is doing fine and i am stuck with a little issue trying to make a command work and so far i have mix result.

The command need to have the ctrl key and the right mouse button hold to activate a lasso tool in the blender 3d software and i did the following command here in VA and it work but not every time i call the command but the command is always recognize vocally.

https://imgur.com/xJMb7gu

So maybe you guy's can pin point why it is behaving this way?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: I need assisatnce solving how to make this voice command
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 09:26:21 PM »
Is there a counterpart to this command?

The way it's set up, it'll hold down left Ctrl and the right mouse button until something explicitly releases it (E.G. a literal release action, or the physical key/button being released)

If you don't release both inputs, running the command again may have inconsistent results, depending on how the target application's input system works.

This would be an issue very similar to the one in your previous topic.

polynut

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 10:04:07 PM »
Is there a counterpart to this command?

The way it's set up, it'll hold down left Ctrl and the right mouse button until something explicitly releases it (E.G. a literal release action, or the physical key/button being released)

If you don't release both inputs, running the command again may have inconsistent results, depending on how the target application's input system works.

This would be an issue very similar to the one in your previous topic.

Hi Pfeil and yes you are right that i had an issue and my mistake was similar but i have also tried the toggle function and i got the same result and correct me if i am wrong toggle function when calling the command a second time will do similar to a key release command?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2020, 10:36:03 PM »
Toggle will invert the state of each input, so if both the key and the mouse button are pressed when the toggle actions are executed, they will be released.

If, however, something else has released one of the inputs, the toggle actions would release one and press the other.

For consistency, explicitly releasing both inputs is likely to yield the best results.

polynut

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 11:51:54 PM »
Toggle will invert the state of each input, so if both the key and the mouse button are pressed when the toggle actions are executed, they will be released.

If, however, something else has released one of the inputs, the toggle actions would release one and press the other.

For consistency, explicitly releasing both inputs is likely to yield the best results.

Thank for the explanation on toggle i was not sure what it was doing exactly and i did another command to release both the ctrl key and the right mouse button and it's seem to work so far. My mistake was to try to make it in one single command since i was trying to have less commands possible.