Author Topic: Profile stops responding and unable to enable listening after suspending it  (Read 1747 times)

pmalacha

Hi. I have this frequent problem, where a profile will stop responding to my voice whatsoever. No matter what commands I speak, there is no response at all (recognised, not recognised etc.). Note that any background scripts will still run, as I can use Stop Command button and it will stop any running scripts immediately.

Suspending the listening also works via the headphones button below Stop Commands. But then I am not able to enable it again. When I click on it all I get is Listening Suspended message in the log.

This issue auto-resolves after a few minutes, but after a while it comes back again.

The workaround is to open and close VA Options - this resolves the issue immediately.

For info, I am using HCS Voice Packs Singularity profile for Elite Dangerous game. Windows 10. All drivers up to date etc. etc. Microphone is Rode NT USB.

I would greatly appreciate any help! Thanks :)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
That could indicate the speech recognition engine is not working correctly (opening and closing the options window restarts the engine).

First thing you'll want to try is creating a fresh speech recognition profile.

pmalacha

After doing some testing and trial & error, I think I've figured it out. The mic is gathering noise from my PC fan and it's on sort of "continuous command". I have reduced mic sensitivity and it's working fine now.

What is weird is that I do have "noise environment" option set and yet it doesn't seem to be making any difference.