Author Topic: Handicapped Gamer needs help again  (Read 788 times)

Grospolina

Handicapped Gamer needs help again
« on: November 30, 2020, 07:02:02 PM »
Hello.

Usually i use Autohotkey to do this: Numpad0::RButton. Works 99%. But Total War Games say no.

So i created "If Num0 then Right click". It works ONCE but then only 0s come like: Right click 0000000000000000 Right click 0000000000000.

How do i make it always work and hold-able?(drag) Can be 2 seperate commands but click needs to work without pause.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Handicapped Gamer needs help again
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2020, 07:20:07 PM »
Have you enabled the "Do not allow key to be passed through" option?

Setting up a command to translate one keypress into another can be done using a while loop (using the "Device State" tab of the "Loop Start" action), E.G.
Code: [Select]
Hold right mouse button down
Start Loop While :  Keyboard Key 'Numeric 0' Is Pressed
End Loop
Release right mouse button

An alternative to that would be to use one command that starts holding the mouse button when the key is pressed, then another that releases the button when the key is released (the latter would have the "Shortcut is invoked only when all keys are released" option enabled).

Grospolina

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2020, 09:02:04 PM »
You again :) Thank you!

Sadly "Do not allow key to be passed through" didn't work. Weird thing is, using it on ANY other window, VA shows "GREEN" Shortcut: RButton, then nothing no matter if i press it again. But if i use it on the VA window it goes:

"GREEN" Shortcut: RButton
so on.

Meaning the pause between the presses seems gone, but only there.

Your 2 command idea sounds great hold & drag stuff. But i need basic Right Click working first.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 09:09:31 PM »
Is this any other window while the game is running, or even when it's not?

One last thing you can try is to run VoiceAttack as administrator:
  • Click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window
  • Navigate to the "System / Advanced" tab of the VoiceAttack options window
  • Enable the "Run VoiceAttack as an Administrator" option
  • Click, 'OK'
  • Restart VoiceAttack to run it as administrator
though it is unlikely to solve the issue; If the game is running as administrator, VoiceAttack wouldn't be able to send or receive keypresses while the game has focus at all, not intermittently.

Grospolina

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2020, 12:27:41 AM »
Haven't even started the game. Doesn't even work windows desktop. Always once, like opening context menu, then it takes a long time before it works again. Meanwhile Numpad0 works normaly. Like theres a timer.

Edit: Thanks to you i got it working everywhere except in that game. Progress. Ideas?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2020, 05:45:36 AM »
Which part is not working ingame?

If you're already running VoiceAttack as administrator, and the mouse click isn't getting through, that would again match the reports of mouse input issues with the "Total War" series of games (as mentioned in your previous topic)

Grospolina

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2020, 12:58:09 PM »
Yeah i thought voice and keyboard commands are handled differently. The right click works on desktop now which is progress, but sadly doesn't work where i need it most. Guess some games are dead for me then. Sad, had 500h playtime over the years playing with friends :(

But thanks a lot for your time. Appreciate it!