Author Topic: Can someone help me fixing an issue with move command  (Read 1635 times)

polynut

Can someone help me fixing an issue with move command
« on: November 16, 2020, 10:46:19 PM »
Hi guy's

Recently i have set move commands to emulate the wsad movement in game and i am having an annoying issue that i am not sure what's causing it, when i use a grappling hook or sometime when i jump when my character land on the ground it's start moving sideways almost like sliding and if i disable VA this don't happen.

Here an example of the move right command :

https://imgur.com/HMFnZMC

Here is the stop command i use to stop moving :

https://imgur.com/VmBInpy

Probably just a command setting but i am not sure

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Can someone help me fixing an issue with move command
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2020, 10:59:17 PM »
Those seem to be in order.  I can confirm that the key actions do in fact work, however, it's not clear what you are trying to do in context.

Does the, 'move right' command work if you say, 'stop' first?  If so, you need to make your, 'move right command' release all arrow keys first and then press down right.  If not, you're going to want to try putting pauses between your actions.  0.1 would be a good place to start.

Hope that helps!

polynut

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2020, 11:41:22 PM »
Those seem to be in order.  I can confirm that the key actions do in fact work, however, it's not clear what you are trying to do in context.

Does the, 'move right' command work if you say, 'stop' first?  If so, you need to make your, 'move right command' release all arrow keys first and then press down right.  If not, you're going to want to try putting pauses between your actions.  0.1 would be a good place to start.

Hope that helps!

Hi Gary thank for replying, the stop command work fine and i have to use it to stop the player movement anytime the player is up in the air and landing on the ground but this behavior don't happen if i close VA and do it via keyboard shortcuts so that's why i was thinking it might have something to do with the recent move command i made.

Will try to add pause to see if it help and i will get back to you.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2020, 03:09:52 AM »
the stop command work fine and i have to use it to stop the player movement anytime the player is up in the air and landing on the ground but this behavior don't happen if i close VA and do it via keyboard shortcuts so that's why i was thinking it might have something to do with the recent move command i made.

Are you referring to having to use the stop command to stop the right arrow key from being held down? You have explicitly set up the "move right" command to hold down that key, so logically you then need to release that key afterward (as you would do by releasing the physical key when using your keyboard)

polynut

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 04:06:23 PM »
the stop command work fine and i have to use it to stop the player movement anytime the player is up in the air and landing on the ground but this behavior don't happen if i close VA and do it via keyboard shortcuts so that's why i was thinking it might have something to do with the recent move command i made.

Are you referring to having to use the stop command to stop the right arrow key from being held down? You have explicitly set up the "move right" command to hold down that key, so logically you then need to release that key afterward (as you would do by releasing the physical key when using your keyboard)

Hi Pfeil i think you put the finger on my mistake, i will add the release command later on tonight and comment back.

polynut

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 02:04:21 PM »
Pfeil you were right no more issue and it was the technique show in this thread by a user that was causing my issue : https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=420.0

I am not saying the technique is not good and maybe it is in certain situation or type of games but for me it was making the character slide left to right once the player had no contact with the ground.

So now i just made some change an instead of having press right arrow and release left arrow i made press right an hold it and i use the stop command to cancel it and i have no more sliding issue in game.