Author Topic: [v1.5.12.3] closing TTS preview window during preview causes VA crash  (Read 3603 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
When adding or editing a "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" action, starting a preview of the text and closing the window using the "OK" or "Cancel" buttons will throw the following exception:

"Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created"

However, this only occurs when text is selected.

This bug seemed to only occur when editing, but that's because all text is selected by default when the window opens.

It also appears highlighting words that the TTS is speaking and restoring the selection afterward, a feature that was apparently working in v1.5.8.20, is now broken(which is possibly why all text is selected by default).

Gary

• Administrator
Re: [v1.5.12.3] closing TTS preview window during preview causes VA crash
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 07:23:37 PM »
When adding or editing a "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" action, starting a preview of the text and closing the window using the "OK" or "Cancel" buttons will throw the following exception:

"Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created"

However, this only occurs when text is selected.

Got that sorted out.  That was a good catch, btw.

Also got the CTRL+A (select all) in there.  When a text box goes multi-line, you have to implement it yourself.  .Net framework 4.6.1 has it by default, but I'm not going to force some users to upgrade just yet ;)

It also appears highlighting words that the TTS is speaking and restoring the selection afterward, a feature that was apparently working in v1.5.8.20, is now broken(which is possibly why all text is selected by default).

I'm not sure what you mean on this one...  are there some steps to this?  I hate to ask since you do so much already o_O

I'm going to throw an unofficial build out there in within the next 10 minutes.

Unofficial build out there:  http://www.voiceattack.com/unofficial

I just went ahead and put together a beta installer since I will be largely out of pocket for the next few days.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 08:01:33 PM by Gary »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: [v1.5.12.3] closing TTS preview window during preview causes VA crash
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2016, 08:38:10 AM »
I'm not sure what you mean on this one...  are there some steps to this?

When I open the "Say Something with Text-To-Speech" action to edit, all text is selected by default. Clicking "Preview" at this point, will keep the selection(all text in this case) highlighted while TTS is speaking. The same occurs if only some text is selected(But the selected text is highlighted).

If I deselect all text, upon starting the preview the words being spoken by TTS will highlight in sequence, and at the end of the preview, no text will be highlighted.

A visual representation of this sequence is attached.