Author Topic: Just trying to figure some of this out w Elite Dangerous  (Read 2962 times)

Psilovybin

Just trying to figure some of this out w Elite Dangerous
« on: October 18, 2020, 09:57:24 AM »

I have the Ripley galactic KICS and also running BindED plugin as well.

With the interface changes since the FC update, some of the commands aren't working.

Take for instance, i'm trying to get docking to work, by when I say "Request Docking", it opens up menu 1, goes down, selects that and requests docking, but it never picks the station I want to dock, always goes down one.  What kind of logic would I need to put in to always request docking from the Top selection?

Also, if anyone could post a recent update of a VAP file with the changed UI, would very much be appreciated.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Just trying to figure some of this out w Elite Dangerous
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 10:22:38 PM »
As the site for that profile mentions it is unsupported and no longer developed, I suppose contacting the author is out of the question.

You may want to ask this somewhere that deals with Elite:Dangerous specifically. Not sure if that would be within this Discord's wheelhouse, but it might be worth checking.

If you want a profile that does stay up-to-date, you could also consider switching to a HCS Voice Packs product.

Psilovybin

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2020, 05:29:44 AM »
As the site for that profile mentions it is unsupported and no longer developed, I suppose contacting the author is out of the question.

You may want to ask this somewhere that deals with Elite:Dangerous specifically. Not sure if that would be within this Discord's wheelhouse, but it might be worth checking.

If you want a profile that does stay up-to-date, you could also consider switching to a HCS Voice Packs product.

I'm one to try to do things myself, but it seems that when you ask for help, it goes into the nether.  Just going to have to figure this out on my own, i'm closer though.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2020, 07:33:11 AM »

I'm one to try to do things myself, but it seems that when you ask for help, it goes into the nether.  Just going to have to figure this out on my own, i'm closer though.

If it is *always* going down one to far, why don't you look at the command itself, and change what it does.

I mean, that is what I would do... The command itself might not be as broken as you think, so you don't need to change the command all that much.

Psilovybin

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2020, 10:23:53 AM »

If it is *always* going down one to far, why don't you look at the command itself, and change what it does.

I mean, that is what I would do... The command itself might not be as broken as you think, so you don't need to change the command all that much.

It seems the trick is to make sure the menus are at the same point every time. Like Menu 1 is always at the top on tab 1 (Navigation).  It would be nice if Fdev would include a way to reset UI menus to the default because that would make this absolutely easy.

Psilovybin

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2020, 09:18:10 PM »

Oh yea, I got past the menu selection part now.  Now to get this thing finished up on some simple tasks before I start adding new functions.  Thanks anyways.