Author Topic: A couple of generic questions regarding "efficiency"  (Read 5851 times)

Technomancer

• I have a bad feeling about this...
A couple of generic questions regarding "efficiency"
« on: August 09, 2016, 02:59:25 PM »
Just wondering a couple of things. Which is more efficient/less resource taxing:

1.  Say Something with TTS or actually calling a sound file.  Also, if calling a sound file is better, does the format matter?

2.  When you create a command with more than one "spoken" option (i.e. When I say: [start;begin;initiate], does VA actually create duplicate commands for each command word? Or does VA, call the one command from the different spoken word(s)?  I see that every time I add a word(s) to a command, the command count goes up. (Sorry, I'm not even really sure how to express that question adequately)

Technomancer

Re: A couple of generic questions regarding "efficiency"
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 01:10:12 AM »
Bueller..?  Bueller...?   :P

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 10:45:47 AM »
TTS doesn't require files to load, so I would assume it would be more efficient overall. I don't know about applying third party TTS voices to the mix, as that could be any amount of overhead.  Once sound files are loaded there's a level of caching that occurs, so your mileage may vary.

New commands are not created for every permutation, however the counter represents a virtual command count.

Technomancer

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 11:13:00 AM »
Awesome!

Dang it! I can't put VA down! I'm playing more with it than I'm actually playing ED! LOL!!

Thanx Gary.