Author Topic: VA just stopps  (Read 1795 times)

guitarsandbikes

VA just stopps
« on: September 21, 2020, 05:33:00 PM »
Randomly, sometimes after 2 minutes, sometimes 20 min or longer, VoiceAttack just stops and shuts itself down while playing Elite Dangerous.  No entries in the error log.  Alt-Tab back to the desktop, launch it again and it works fine, until the next time it shuts down.  Any ideas? 

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA just stopps
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 06:34:20 PM »
That would certainly be abnormal behavior.  Are you running any plugins?  Normally there would be an entry in the VoiceAttackFault.txt file located in your installation directory.  If that is not written there, check inside your VoiceAttack data folder (usually C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack).

guitarsandbikes

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2020, 05:43:52 PM »
No plugins although I do have five HCS voice packs installed.  There is a fault entry from last week but it has done this several times since then without any apparent entry.  The log entry is:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.BeginInvoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext.Post(SendOrPostCallback d, Object state)
   at System.ComponentModel.AsyncOperation.Post(SendOrPostCallback d, Object arg)
   at System.Speech.Internal.AsyncSerializedWorker.OnWorkItemPending()
   at System.Speech.Internal.AsyncSerializedWorker.AddItem(AsyncWorkItem item)
   at System.Speech.Recognition.RecognizerBase.FireAudioLevelUpdatedEvent(Int32 audioLevel)
   at System.Speech.Recognition.RecognizerBase.DispatchEvents(Object eventData)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
   at System.Speech.Internal.AsyncSerializedWorker.WorkerProc(Object ignored)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
***VoiceAttack v1.8.6 - Windows 10.0.18363.0Unable to access plugin information [Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index]

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2020, 05:53:39 PM »
Are you using up-to-date versions of those third-party HCS Voice Packs products?
There should be only one profile ("Singularity") no matter how many voice packs you have installed (As far as I'm aware).

Either way, they most certainly are intended to use plugins, and their installer should have automatically added them to VoiceAttack.

Click the wrench icon on the main window, then on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window check whether "Enable Plugin Support" is checked. If so, you can use the "Plugin Manager" button to see which plugins are currently installed.

If you then find you are running plugins, you'll want to uncheck the "Enable Plugin Support" option and restart VoiceAttack, to see whether the issue persists.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2020, 12:36:43 PM by Pfeil »

Vlodec

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 12:21:54 PM »
I have this problem too. In fact, I brought it up on this forum a while back. No one seemed to know the answer and in the end I reported it corrected. Turned out I was wrong and it's still happening. Matter of fact it's happened several times already today. So you're not alone.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
AMD Ryzen 9
Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
64.0GB RAM

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 12:35:13 PM »
This happens even if plugins are turned off?  What Pfeil was trying to get from the OP was where the problem is originating.  If it's within VA, it can worked on - if it's outside VA, it's code that I have no access to, unfortunately.

Options > General > Enable Plugin Support is unchecked

Vlodec

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 12:51:09 PM »
I don't use plugins, and "Enable Plugin Support" is always unchecked.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 12:57:29 PM »
Can you post the contents of your VoiceAttackFault.txt file - or send to support@voiceattack.com and if there's any additional information you can provide (any observations - happens after a certain action or combination of actions), that would be fantastic. 

Some things you can do in the meantime to help try to eliminate any locally-sourced issues and possibly expedite a solution is to do a system file scan: 

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

I see you've had VA for a very long time - is this a new thing happening or has it been doing this for a while? 

Edit - I was reminded by my moderator of your previous post (https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=3379.0) where there was some kind of issue with tablet mode and that there was no fault file.  Are we talking about the same thing or is this a new issue from a post that I'm not aware of?  The OP's fault info points to their issue most likely being related to a plugin.

Vlodec

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2020, 02:21:33 PM »

29/08/19 16:50:20***************************************************************************************

29/08/19 16:50:20***************************************************************************************
System.Threading.AbandonedMutexException: The wait completed due to an abandoned mutex.
   at System.Threading.WaitHandle.InternalWaitOne(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, Int64 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)
   at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(TimeSpan timeout, Boolean exitContext)
   at VoiceAttack.Program.(String[] )
30/08/19 16:21:58***************************************************************************************

30/08/19 16:21:58***************************************************************************************
System.Threading.AbandonedMutexException: The wait completed due to an abandoned mutex.
   at System.Threading.WaitHandle.InternalWaitOne(SafeHandle waitableSafeHandle, Int64 millisecondsTimeout, Boolean hasThreadAffinity, Boolean exitContext)
01/10/19 14:23:53***************************************************************************************

01/10/19 14:23:53***************************************************************************************
03/10/19 19:54:17***************************************************************************************

03/10/19 19:54:17***************************************************************************************
09/01/20 17:33:38***************************************************************************************

09/01/20 17:33:38***************************************************************************************
System.InvalidOperationException: Invoke or BeginInvoke cannot be called on a control until the window handle has been created.
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.MarshaledInvoke(Control caller, Delegate method, Object[] args, Boolean synchronous)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method, Object[] args)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.Invoke(Delegate method)
   at VoiceAttack.frmMain.()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
***VoiceAttack v1.8.3 - Windows 10.0.17763.0

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2020, 02:42:52 PM »
I notice you're running VoiceAttack v1.8.3; Just in case, you'll want to update to the latest full release (v1.8.6)

I was going off the version in VoiceAttackFault.txt, but of course that's as old as the latest exception

Vlodec

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2020, 02:48:22 PM »
This has been going on now for months though I bought VA in 2014. I thought tablet mode was the problem but it turned out it wasn't. It seems it was just a coincidence that the issue ceased for a day or two.
I use no plugins.
I might point out that I too use VA for Elite:Dangerous, and only for that. But it's my impression that VA disappears even when ED isn't active.
My current version is 1.8.6. I always upgrade as soon as I know it's available.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2020, 04:13:11 PM »
The fault file you've got doesn't indicate what's going on recently.  The latest exception from about a month ago is not the same as the OP.  The abandoned mutex exceptions from 16 months ago might have to do with killing/starting VA in short order, but not for certain, but they don't seem to be happening after March 2019.

If VoiceAttack crashes internally, any unhandled exception related to the crash will be logged to the fault file.  It will be written either in the installation folder (if there are rights to do so), VA's data folder (usually C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack) (if there are rights to do so), and to the Windows event log (information gets written here even if there are no rights for the other two places).  If the crash is so catastrophic that a log entry could not be even written, you'll want to do some diving in your Windows event log to see if there is any information in there that you can decipher that might lead to a solution.  If it's something environmental and common across many installations (same component, same exception with multiple users), I can see if there is a workaround if there is enough information.  If the problem is locally-sourced (that is the problem is isolated to your machine), the only way I could offer a workaround is if you could provide specifics on what is causing the crash.  This usually involves multiple fault entries with the same information repeated over and over - which isn't available.  The next time this problem happens, you'll want to see what events took place around the same time in the Windows event log.  Feel free to share here if you want.

Edit - sorry - was reading the dates in US format.

DruiD

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2020, 08:17:52 PM »
Hi Gary,
I have been diagnosing a similar issue, getting a Heap Error crashing, intially had HCS, EDDI plugins but through talking to HCS , EDDI and now VA teaam over discord, I have disabled all that ... deleted any non standard VA files in VA folder,, and VA still crashes thou no Fault.txt file is created.

Crashes with ntdll.dll fault and its always the same exception code.. 0xc0000374
No other apps, programs are faulting with that code  or any issues with RAM or other.

I have also run the system checker stuff here a few times without any noted corruptions but can run it again if  helpful somehow? 
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker

My drivers\devices are all updated, aand this issue has only started occuring in approx the last week, factor their is realaly only I am on leave from work, so probabily spending more time in Elite and using VA.

I am not sure if i should start a separate thread either as already also discussing in discord with Pfeil :P

Cheers all,
DruiD