Author Topic: Info about a crash  (Read 1004 times)

CJH

Info about a crash
« on: September 14, 2020, 05:41:12 PM »
Every time I run VA and RFActor 2, VA crashes. Since I'm in VR, I don't notice when this happens. After I leave the sim and restart VA, it tells me that it was shut down abruptly. Is there somewhere I can look for more information about what is causing it to crash?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Info about a crash
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2020, 05:43:22 PM »
There may be information in the installation directly, or otherwise in the event log.

Are you using any plugins? If so, does this crash occur when you disable plugin support?

CJH

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2020, 05:56:50 PM »
I'll check for plugins, but in the meantime, there is not log file in the VA directory. There is one listing in eventviewer that says this:
Faulting application name: VoiceAttack.exe, version: 1.8.6.0, time stamp: 0x5f0a2c32
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.488, time stamp: 0x52319ca5
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000e6793
Faulting process id: 0x149c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d68aeb4378fe26
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\VoiceAttack\VoiceAttack.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 3a7658d2-2fe6-48a6-80fb-1b67dcf3451a
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

CJH

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2020, 06:23:56 PM »
I have RFactor2sharedmemorymapplugin64.dll (I think that's for CrewChief4) and DAMPlugin.dll (for motec, but I just installed that last night and VA was crashing before that was installed). So it's probably the shared memory map one.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2020, 06:43:29 PM »
I was referring to VoiceAttack plugins, specifically. Do you have the "Enable Plugin Support" option on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window checked?

Are you running CrewChief alongside VoiceAttack? Have you tried launching VoiceAttack and just the game, without any other software (aside from Steam/Steam VR) running?

CJH

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2020, 07:55:27 PM »
It's taken me some time to get back to this...you know how life gets in the way of stuff sometimes. Anyway, I do not have the box checked in VA to enable plugins. I did some more testing tonight and found that VA crashes after a while with or without crewchief. I did some other searching and did the recommended stuff like running the MS checkup tools, etc., and it said everything was absolutely perfect on my machine. Tonight I created one thing for VA to do. All it had to do was listen for me to say "limit" and then it would respond with "you said limit." I started racing with Crewchief and it worked fine until it crashed after about 20 minutes. I turned off Crewchief and disabled the shared memory dll it puts in RFactor 2, ran for about 10 minutes or so and it crashed again. It seems to be doing it when I go back to the garage by hitting the escape key. I haven't reproduced this fiathfully but it's something for me to look at. Additionally to look at is if there is any difference starting VA in Steam. Most often, I start it from a desktop shortcut and then start RF2 from another desktop shortcut. I am running in VR if that matters.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 08:13:26 PM »
One thing you can try is to create a fresh speech recognition profile, in case it's gotten corrupted.

CJH

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2020, 06:37:05 PM »
It looks like it may have been a case of having some disconnected joysticks enabled. I have a TM setup for flying, but I generally only connect it when I'm in IL-2. I disabled both of those and have not had a crash since.