Author Topic: Elite Dangerous - Heatsinks + Shield Cell (new to VA)  (Read 1348 times)

vaguexrdx

Elite Dangerous - Heatsinks + Shield Cell (new to VA)
« on: August 18, 2020, 06:24:25 PM »
  So I'm trying to build this command which doesn't seem to complex. It seems to work sometimes than the next it kind of works then maybe works then a complete flop.

I'm trying to heatsink + 2 charges of shield cell bank in one command. Roughly what I was attempting in the program to pull it off is the following (see attached)

The pauses are necessary to reduce heat damage taken they aren't 100% accurate but was narrowing it down.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Elite Dangerous - Heatsinks + Shield Cell (new to VA)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 07:17:20 PM »
If the command works intermittently, it is likely a timing issue.

I notice some of your keypresses aren't held down very long (10ms usually works fine in desktop applications like notepad, but it may be too short to work reliably in games); Try increasing the hold time for the first two keypress actions as well

vaguexrdx

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2020, 08:47:28 PM »
Ok, I will mess around with the timers. That was the time I was able to get my other macros to control/manage my PIPs.  Anything less would not do full transfers.  But that was the fastest time I could get and its instant full pwr to any source needed immediately so that's why I went with those #s.  I'll keep adjusting maybe it will come to.

Also, do you play ED, or familiar with the command creation process for VA+ED? I want to make some longer form commands that quickly go through panels and can adjust values, turn things on and off, etc. I made one before it was about 30-40 keypresses it worked but like this one not 100% and was influenced by server lag or instability it seemed.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2020, 08:49:29 PM »
do you play ED, or familiar with the command creation process for VA+ED?
No, and no.

vaguexrdx

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2020, 09:11:38 PM »
ok np :) I worked on the macro some more it's darn near perfect.  That was the main issue was the keypress timer.