Author Topic: Command.Execute using Guid is not possible targeting combined commands  (Read 1276 times)

Egil Sandfeld

As title says, using Command.Execute, Command.Exists using the Guid variation does not allow for calling commands that are either pre or suffixes.

I had to test for some hours, before realising this. Perhaps documentation should mention this limitation, or methods should allow for calling at least the suffix, if possible.

Just a heads up :)

Gary

• Administrator
Thanks for the heads up, Egil.  Composite command functionality is documented, however it's not repeated throughout the help document as that thing is vastly enormous as it stands :(

Composite commands are treated very differently throughout the system, so, the best thing for you to do is to duplicate your suffix command and change its type to a full command so you can execute it - or create a subcommand that the suffix and full command can call (to avoid duplication).

Egil Sandfeld

Thanks for pointing me to that :)

Also, when a command with InstanceID is duplicated in VA profile, the new duplicated command has the same InstanceID. Perhaps that should be cleared?

Gary

• Administrator
What instanceid are you referring to?  The instanceid in an effect set?

Egil Sandfeld

I'm referring to the InstanceId in every command in the VAP file which is duplicated from one command that already has an InstanceId assigned. Then multiple commands have the same InstanceId.

Gary

• Administrator
You're probably referring to, 'InternalID' - up until relatively recently, this was just an author flag - the proxy code has built up around it since then, so, yeah - that was being duplicated.  It will be set to null on duplication in the next beta (this is also applicable to profile duplication).

Thanks for the heads up!